What is PRS Access Scheme?
A project which finds affordable accommodation for single people who are homeless or insecurely housed, and whose only option is the private rented sector, but who need assistance to both sourcing and secure a tenancy.
First we will establish that you meet the basic eligibility criteria for our scheme. An appointment will be made soon after eligibility is established, you will be asked to come in for an assessment, the purpose of which is to assess your suitability for our scheme, and to explain how the scheme works and what you can expect from us, and to establish whether you have any particular needs which may affect the type of housing we offer.
If accepted onto the scheme, we will put you forward for viewings with Landlords and agencies with whom we have a close relationship. We will usually only make you one offer.
If you are offered a tenancy we will apply for one month’s rent in advance, which is then paid to the landlord, this money is a grant, and will be refunded to you at the end of the tenancy (provided there are no rent arrears).
We may offer a 4 week deposit guarantee/bond, this is a legally binding promise and not a cash deposit.
We do not own property or act on the behalf of any landlords, which means your choice on properties may be limited, but we will also give you the option to source your own property. We can pay admin fees of £150
We cannot provide short term or even emergency accommodation, even if you are rough sleeping. Although advice can be given in this case.
Who is eligible for our PRS Scheme?
To get on to the PRS scheme you have to meet the Criteria.
- A Tri-Borough connection (Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea, Hammersmith and Fulham)
- LHA one bedroom entitlement (35 years or older or if they are, or have at any time been resident in a supported hostel for at least 3 months)
- UK/Irish National, Leave to Remain or an E.E.A National with a permanent right to reside.
- In receipt of an out of work benefit (post benefit cap we will now consider those on Working Tax Credits, but they will not be eligible for rent in advance from LSP , we will explore alternative options with them).
- RBK&C clients and LBH&F need to have an active housing benefit claim.
- Single (may consider single parents with a baby or young toddler)
PRS-Next Door Project on holiday until 25 September 2017
The Team is currently on a much needed break and will not be accepting enquiries. We will accept new enquiries from 25 Septempter 2017.
In the meantime, you can contact Shelter for housing advice:
If you’re over 25 years old: 0344 515 1540
If you’re under 25 years old:0330 053 6091
If you or someone you are helping is street homeless, please contact Streetlink: 0300 500 0914
How to apply for PRS-Next Door Project (from 25 September 2017)
If you are a individual call 0207 259 0801 and state that the call is a PRS enquiry and ask for Deborah Lawal or email email@example.com.
Visit: Advice Sessions every Monday afternoon at the Beethoven Center, Third Avenue, W10 4JL 2pm-4pm
If you are an organisation acting on behalf of an individual