Advice & Support

Z2K supports London residents under 65 who are on a low income and in receipt of, or would be eligible for, Universal Credit, income related Job Seeker's Allowance or Employment Support Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit or Personal Independence Payment.

"Having Z2K by my side made all the difference in the world" - Z2K client

Support with benefits issues

If you are having issues with your benefits our specialist welfare benefit caseworkers are able to provide support and advice on:

  • Incorrect or delayed payments
  • Eligibility for benefits for migrants and the habitual residence test
  • Problems with the Work Capability Assessment and PIP assessments
  • Sanctions, deductions and overpayments
  • Challenging incorrect decisions made by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) or local authority for housing benefit claims

We prioritise cases that are complex and where there is a serious risk of homelessness because you are in rent arrears or your income does not cover your essential living expenses. If you have a simple query or require help to claim Universal Credit please contact your local Citizens Advice.

Disability Benefits Tribunals Representation

Our award winning Tribunals project and casework team are able to provide advice and representation If you have been wrongly denied the benefits you are entitled to.

  • Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Personal Independent Payments (PIP)
  • Universal Credit (UC)
  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

Support with housing issues

If you’re having problems with your housing, our specialist caseworkers can support you to:

  • Understand your housing options
  • Ask your local authority for help with housing, either by making or a homeless application or applying for social housing
  • Challenge negative decisions on your housing register application
  • Understand your rights when you rent from a private landlord

We can also support you to liaise with your landlord if you have:

  • Disrepair in your home
  • Are struggling to afford your rent
  • Trouble getting your deposit back after moving home
  • Been asked to leave or served with a notice seeking possession

We may also be able to advise you on your search for private rented accommodation and access grants to cover the cost of deposits and rent in advance.

Additional Wrap Around Support

We understand that alongside problems with your benefits and housing, there may be other matters that are impacting on your daily life. Our wrap around support can help with;

  • Accessing grants for household items or white goods
  • Accessing emergency food and fuel support
  • Referrals to other services such as debt and employment advice
  • Money management, benefits checks and income maximisation for example, applications for utility discounts
  • Form filling for Personal Independence Payment (PIP), Employment Support Allowance (ESA) and Universal Credit (UC)
  • Concessionary transport for example Freedom Pass, Taxicard and Blue Badge applications and appeals
  • Post tenancy support for recently housed clients for example understanding your tenancy agreement, checking affordability, and ensuring housing costs are in payment