Help with housing problems

We can help with:

  • Advice on the risk of homelessness and eviction
  • Homelessness applications
  • Reviewing the suitability of temporary accommodation
  • Bedroom Tax
  • The impact of the Benefit Cap
  • Finding a new tenancy or help with making your current one affordable
  • Practical support for resettlement into a new affordable property including help with new school places
  • Negotiate with the authorities/your landlord on your behalf
  • Help to clear up mistakes and put pressure on the housing and benefits systems
  • Provide you with a dedicated volunteer to give practical assistance

We cannot help with:

  • Housing issues for which legal aid is available
  • Banding or allocation issues
  • Housing disrepair
  • Overcrowding

Help with private renting – Private Rented Sector Access Scheme

We may be able to help you to find and move into private rented accommodation if you are not entitled to statutory help. We can:

  • Advise you on various options
  • Assess if you are suitable for the scheme
  • Help you find accommodation
  • Provide a guarantee for the deposit
  • Help you access grants from the local authority including for rent in advance
  • Help find furniture if you are moving into private rented sector accommodation
  • Liaise between you and your landlord

For more information and details on how to apply for our scheme click here.