We provide free help to low-income families, individuals and people living on benefits with the following problems:
- Rent arrears
- Housing benefit
- Council Tax problems
- Disability Living Allowance and Employment & Support Allowance
- Gas, electricity and water claims, disconnections and prepayment meters
- Benefit and Tax Credit over payment claims or sanctions
- Small fines, especially for non-payment of TV licence or truancy.
How we can help:
- We can negotiate with the authorities on a person’s behalf.
- We can help deal with bailiffs.
- We can help to clear up mistakes and help to put pressure on the system
- We can provide a McKenzie Friend for support in court or a tribunal
- We can help the person appeal to the Ombudsman.
- We can advise on using a solicitor (check if you qualify for Legal Aid here).
If you need our help with Housing Benefit problems call our Nextdoor advice line for free on 08088 02 05 08.
For help with all other issues please ring us on 020 7259 0801 or fill out our enquiry form and an adviser will contact you.
We run Drop-in advice sessions at the Beethoven Centre in Queen’s Park, every Monday between 2-4 pm and at the Church Street Library every Wednesday between 10.30am-12.30 pm. Anyone can come and you will not need an appointment.
Read about the impact of our help & advice
Learn more about ways we help
We are members of Advice UK.