Title: Casework Support Volunteer
Reports to: Volunteer Manager/ project co-ordinator
Commitment: 1 day a week for a minimum of 3 months
Location: Z2K or South West London Law Centres Offices (to be discussed at interview)
Purpose: To assist the caseworker on the Stepping Stones project in providing vulnerable debtors with free and confidential support, advice and information. To operate within Zacchaeus 2000 Trusts (Z2K) & South West London Law Centre policies and procedures.
Closing Date: 26th May at 5pm
1. Overall task is to provide support and assistance to the casework team in particular:
- Receive details of a client referred to the service and make contact to offer support
in accordance with policies.
- Take down details of the issues faced by the client and discuss them with the
- Write a plan of action to deal with the issue/s faced by the client.
- Liaise with external agencies on the client’s behalf.
- Make telephone calls and/or write letters.
- Attend court/meetings with clients as a representative or as support.
- Refer clients to other agencies, particularly benevolent funds that may provide financial assistance for the client where appropriate.
- Identify all the help and support that will most usefully meet the client’s needs and expectations. If help is needed beyond the scope of Z2K, the volunteer will assist with finding that help.
- Keep the client informed about the progress of their case.
- Complete accurate attendance notes after each task and put a hard copy on the file.
- Ensure the file is always kept neat, tidy and up to date.
2. Provide the project coordinator with updates on all tasks undertaken with, or on behalf
of, the client.
3. Make sure that all correspondence including substantive emails is first checked by the
project coordinator or other supervisor before sending it.
4. Attend volunteer meetings, training events and supervision sessions in accordance with
policies and procedures.
Interested applicants should complete our volunteer expression of interest form, attaching a CV and cover letter. Applicants should also complete the attached case study and email to Catherine Hartshorn.
All applicants will be contacted one week after the closing date.