Z2K is pleased to be part of Family Friendly London, a coalition of organisations challenging the Mayor and local authorities to build a more family friendly city by developing policies to overcome barriers to raising a family in the capital.
Londoners face a range of barriers that make working and bringing up a family in the capital difficult:
- Wages are not keeping pace with rising living costs, especially housing costs.
- There is a shortage of family friendly jobs.
- It is difficult to find flexible and affordable childcare.
- Access to advice and information services is limited.
- Housing costs are soaring and there is shortage of quality homes.
On 22 May 2014, Londoners go to the polls to elect their local councillors. Our aim is to support councillors, candidates, and local authorities to take action to help overcome these barriers.
Our manifesto for the 2014 local elections in London aims to help councillors and local authorities make London work for families by setting out ten practical, applicable policies that recognise the challenges currently facing boroughs.
We are asking candidates standing for election in London to sign up to these pledges. Each pledge offers candidates the opportunity to show they are committed to making London work for families.