- Her house was not secure, the front door was sourrounded by plasterboard which left her feeling vulnerable.
- There was evidence of drug use on the property, as well as innappropriate behaviour from other residents.
- There was no central heating due to a lack of water pressure.
- There were plug sockets hanging out of the wall
- There was no hot water
- There were no laundry facilities.
Furthermore Ms M had had to pay a large amount weekly as she was living in a hostel due to the fact that she was a very vulnerable adult who had previously been in and out of care.
With our help she was able to move into new accomadation, thus dropping her rent bill by over £100 a week, as well as increasing her quality of life due to the better standards in her new building.
We have also helped her to contact another charity, called The Kids Company, that provided her with food credits, helping her to have more money to pay off various debts she accrued while living in the hostel.
Written by Rufus Dobson, work experience volunteer.